Submitted manuscripts must be original and not published or accepted for publication elsewhere. They should be submitted for the exclusive use of the Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal.
Manuscripts format should be 1.5 line spaces with 2.5 cm margins. Manuscripts should not exceed two-column and inclusive references. They must be submitted to the journal website or sent online to the journal e-mail.
The text and references should follow the Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal format:
- Title of manuscripts: It should be concise (not more than 15 words) and include the name of author(s), professional title, institution(s) affiliation and the corresponding author.
- Abstract: It should not exceed 200 words. It should state the objective of the study, setting, subjects, tools, important results, conclusion, main recommendations and keywords.
- Introduction: It should include relevant literature related to the problem of the study, significance of the study and its relevance to nursing.
Abbreviations should be spelled out the first time they are used. Symbols, other than standard statistical symbols, should be identified the first time used.
- Aim of the Study.
- Research question or hypothesis.
- Materials and Method:
- Materials should include research design, setting where the study was conducted, subjects of the study and criteria for selection, and tools for data collection.
- Method should include study procedure, and date and period of the study.
- Ethical considerations.
- Statistical analysis.
- Results: Tables, figures or graphs should be typed on one page and relative placement should be noted in the text.
- Discussion: of the findings with other relevant studies in the field of study.
- References: These are cited in consecutive numbers as noted in the text. The Vancouver style should be followed. This includes the author's name(s), title of the article, name of book or journal (its volume and number), year, and page.
Manuscripts are reviewed by two professors in the field of the study. Decision for publication is made on the basis of these reviews. No manuscripts will be returned to the author(s). Accepted manuscripts become the property of the Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal. The journal reserves the rights to edit all manuscripts for its style and space requirements and for the purpose of clarity.
The editors of the Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal will determine in which volume and number the accepted manuscripts will appear.
The Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal (ASNJ)
Address: Faculty of Nursing, Alexandria University- Edmon Fermon St., Smouha, Alexandria, Egypt. Postal code: 21554